Sunday 5 January 2014

Happy 2014!


I don't really celebrate the 'new year' possibly because 

a) I already have two new years to celebrate (CNY and Awal Muharram)
b) I'm an early sleeper and hate the sound of firecrackers/fireworks when I'm sleeping (definitely not the party-ing type)

so I treat the new year of the Gregorian calendar, just like any other day. This time around was spent at work. The 1st of Jan is not a gazetted public holiday here in Terengganu, and I ran out of annual leave so I was at work. In fact, I didn't even realise it was the new year as there weren't those loud popping noises from the firecrackers and I was busy surfing the net.... on wedding stuff.

I'm getting married in four months! Time flies so fast. Money too! Heheh. So bear with me, as I'll prolly be blogging mainly on my wedding preparations (and of course all the drama involved). 

First up, the planning. As I recently handled my sister's speedy wedding (had only about 4 mths to plan and execute), I basically had all plans laid out. It all started with the budget doubling as a checklist, which I populated in an excel sheet, beginning with writing down the events (nikah, reception, bertandang) and then slowly detailing items (hantaran, pelamin, catering, etc). 

Next was looking for the vendors. Spending most of my time on Instagram, Pinterest and blogs for my sister's wedding, I knew where to look for information and could easily select the wedding vendors......... Or so I thought.

Third, is trying to control my excessive shopping habits and learn how to save money. Pfftt. Failed. I still have a 5 figure target to achieve in four months.

I'll elaborate further in future posts, so I hope this post and the future posts on wedding preps will benefit the other bridezillas out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment