Saturday 22 September 2012

Recap of the Week

Haven't had the time or energy to blog the past week, so I'll just do a quick recap (partially coz I can't  really remember anyway).
 
As usual, the only thing that excites me to go to work is wearing/using something new. Since I was tired and couldn't really decide what to wear on Tuesday, I just chose the pair of lilac heels and wore one of my older cotton baju kurungs.
 
 
Unfortunately I had lunch at the Zon which requires me to walk on the pavement and as usual, the slim heels got stuck in the pavement and now there's a scratch :(
 
I'm prone to destroying new things when I first use it. My iPhone fell and chipped, shirts get stained, heels get scratched, bags get scratched or stained. Guess it's the way I 'mark' the items as mine?
 
Anyway, lunch with the "new HR manager" was worthwhile. One of the few guys I look up to in the company. He had a limited time for lunch so we were walked quite fast to The Zon and back, which gave my feet blisters. Was practically limping by the evening. Fortunately, Shawn gave me my Volcano Foot Mask from LUSH so I was looking forward to going home and pampering my poor feet with the mask. I'll share my opinion on using it later.
 

Shawn also brought my new makeup brushes from Real Techniques. I found this brand of makeup brushes at Shins awhile back and bought the blusher brush. Love it coz it's not animal hair, but
really soft. So I ordered a bunch more online (so much cheaper) and got it delivered to Shawn's house in the States.

 L-R: Setting Bbrush, Stippling Brush, Travel Essentials
 
So far the brushes have been good, not dropping out, altho the foundation/concealer brush in the Travel Essentials set feels a tad plasticky as compared to the other brushes. Here are more photos:
 

L-R : Stipling Brush, Setting Brush, Foundation, Eyeshadow, Face/Blusher Brush

Work was boring as usual so I'll just skip that. Was waiting the whole of Wednesday to end so that I can get home as quick as possible to watch the Summer Finale of White Collar. Twas a great episode as usual, got my heart beating faster and faster towards the end (even though I read spoilers before watching). Really can't wait for the next episode, but it's in JANUARY!!! Well at least 2Broke Girls will be back. Can't wait for to see it next week.
 
Wore one of the five new Sacoor Brothers shirts that my dear eldest sister got for me from Dubai together with the new pink scarf from Bugis Street. Wasn't really planning on wearing heels as I needed to let my feet rest from the blisters, so I wore my faithful ol' Dumonds flats. They are the most expensive shoes I've ever bought (about RM300+), but well worth it. The leather is oh-so-soft and the soles are oh-so-comfy.
 
 
Technically I wore a new scarf on Thursday, purchased it 2-3 months ago but never got to wearing it. Also wore the new purchase from Sweet Dessert at Haji Lane, but obviously you won't see a photo of it. Haha. Forgot to bring the Manolos to the office, so I just wore one of my old grey heels. If I wore the 4" Manolos, this would've been how I'd have looked like.
 
I should really find a better background right?
 
Don't you just love the way the high heels make legs look long and slim? Pants were from Colours, bought a few years back, shirt from Sacoor Brothers, scarf from Dirs Gallery and belt was my sister's.
 
Nothing to highlight about Friday except for my efficiency in running errands within one hour. At 12 sharp, I sent my jeans downstairs for alteration, sent my heels to one of the cobblers at Jalan TAR, met up with my senior colleague at the entrance of Campbell, walked across for lunch, waited for my laksa, then went to the goldsmith to repair the clasp of my bracelet, picked up my heels from the cobbler and back in the office at 1PM on the dot. The cobbled suggested adding a layer to the outer sole, didn't think it would've been that thick. At first I thought "Oh no! It looks like some odd men's shoes." But it sorta gives a slight edge to it. Wadya think?
 
Guess you can't really see it either? (See the thin black layer under the soles?)
 
 
 I tried my heels on and I think it has given extra cushioning. Or maybe I haven't worn those heels for sometime. Haha. Was late for pilates (I'm always late no matter how hard I try), and had to redah hujan to get to class albeit it being just across the street. I don't know if the class was slow because of the older members or pilates is generally not so fast paced? Either way, I sure didn't sweat a drop.
 
Well, that's all I can think of right now. Am gonna try out the pasta recipe from my cousin for lunch. Wish me luck!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment