Wednesday 9 October 2013

Ile de Maurice: Finale


Have you ever felt so frustrated when you Googled for travel posts, hoping to get more info from bloggers but instead come across blogposts that had little information on the place you're visiting?
Well here's another one. Hahaha.
Well I've finally gathered enough energy to write another post on my trip to Mauritius. Ok fine, it's gonna be another photo-filled post. Hehe. To wrap up, my sister and I had lunch at Le Chamarel Restaurant. Situated on a hill, this simple restaurant has an amazing view. See for yourself!

Photobombed by some random mat salleh

This was at the lookout point on the way to the restaurant

At the entrance of the restaurant
  
MashaAllah an amazing view

No, I didn't take this off from the website

Simply breathtaking

If I recall correctly, Charamel has a museum/store that sells the 7-colored earth. (I just got mine from one of the markets. Haha). Even if you don't feel like eating, do pay a visit to this place and enjoy the view.
La Route Du Sel (couldn't find their website so this would have to do!)
It's nothing extraordinary really, just a salt pan across the road from my sister's house. How convenient right? Nevertheless I've never been to a salt pan before, so if you've never been to one either, here's what a salt pan looks like.
This is how a salt pan looks like, senget

Wearing a shirt from Out of Africa and a necklace from one of the stalls,
both in Mauritius

Isn't the blue sky amazing? Yes, I purchased a few packets of salt of course.
And an apron.

I'm pretty sure I had more photos of the seasalt and salt pan without me in it.......... Oh, here they are!


Well that actually pretty much sums up my short trip to Mauritius. I hope you have enjoyed viewing the photos as much as I have posting them. It would be lovely to be able to visit Mauritius again sometime.
To end on a nonsensical note, here's a photo of me at my sister's fav fishmonger shop with a super big yellowfin tuna!

No comments:

Post a Comment