Tuesday 8 October 2013

Mauritius : Part Deux


I really admire how some fashion/any other bloggers can have the energy to blog almost everyday. Especially those who have day jobs. Then again, not everyone is as lazy as I am. Heheh.

So here I am after another month of hiatus, to continue my story on my Mauritius trip. Which was about 7 months ago. Haha. I'm just relating all my stories based on the photos I took (as I obviously have forgotten details), but as they say a picture paints a thousand words...... (or in this case a photo tells....?)

L'aventure du Sucre
Welcome to the Sugarcane Factory



Finally got to wear my Sacoor Brothers skirt.

Enter

At a sugar factory, naturally you'd walk through a path lined with sugarcane!

This is some machine/equipment thingamajig they used to use back in the days...

Four of the many different types of sugar

Posing maut with the sugarcanes

My delicious lunch at La Fangourin

Shoppinnnngg~~~!

 Moi et ma soeur after shopping. Heheh.

Technically I didn't really visit the sugar factory. We just went there for a yummy lunch at La Fangourin and shopping! Purchased several types of sugar as souvenirs and for myself, and also an apron that I have not touched till now. Teeheehee. It was too nice to be used lah!

Next up, we went for a little historical tour.

Chateau Labourdonnais

So this is what a chateau looks like! An absolutely beautiful mansion, which I believe has been restored. Apparently they kept the furniture that was part of the original building. Each piece was luxurious, of intricate designs, carefully preserved. They unfortunately do not allow photos to be taken inside the house. So I only have photos of me camwhoring outside. Enjoy!

A big mansion with a big lawn

Another posing maut

Le Chateau. Gorgeous ain't it?

I don't mind having a house like this in the future.
Where I can keep all my kids and grandkids under one roof. Teeheehee



"Oh... It's such a beautiful weather isn't it darling~!"

A nice fountain to complement the chateau

Just a spot for me to camwhore



Staring longingly at the clear blue sky... Longing for I don't know what. Hahah

"Come join me for a cup of tea darling!"

A massive corridor

Frankly, I can't really recall what's the background on Chateau Labourdonnais. That's why I provided you the link, so you could do your own reading. Meheheheh. I hope my photos are enough to convince you to visit the place though. :D

Well that's all for now. Time to go to bed. Another loooong day at work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment