Thursday 1 November 2012

I Have Fins!

No, I did not grow them, of course I purchased them... or I'd be making headlines right now.
 
Quickly rushed to the NAUI Asia Pacific office/dive store right after the clock struck 5PM as they close at 5.30PM. Got meself a pair of booties and fins. I wanted to get the booties that go above the ankle but they didn't have it my size so I went for the ankle ones instead.
 
As usual, when excited to buy something at the store, I don't research it or think too much just give them my credit card and walk away with the item only to think "Hmmm... Maybe I should've checked out if it's ok or not...". Especially when it looks good.
 
I couldn't help it this time, I did think of just buying the booties only and use the fins at the dive shops when I go diving, but they shoved me the fins to try with the booties and then they showed me this.....
 
My Tusa Imprex Tri-Ex Fins and Oceanic booties
What's so attractive about it? It matches my mask of course! Heheh. (Yes, I'm quite shallow)
 
The shop owner said, fins don't really matter it's you legs that really count... not sure if that was true or it was a cheap marketing strategy. Whatever it is, I fell for it. So I ended up buying it, of course after shamelessly asking for a discount left, right and center. I also bought a defogging liquid for the mask. An expensive one. Hope it works. If not, lesson learnt. An expensive lesson learnt.
 
I can't wait to use them, I hope they're good! Thank God we're flying MAS so I can bring them to Phuket without extra fee! Or at least I think so. Well, I don't think my luggage would reach 20kg anyway. Or would it? Hmm...
 
Please don't tell me (or at least let me know in the utmost gentle way) that I made a wrong choice in purchasing fins. Heheh.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment