Tuesday 25 December 2012

My new obsession

Since SB decided they were too good to not have me at their launch *sulk* I have a new found love... MK... Nooo, not Mustafa Kamal - aiyoh... Michael Kors! Hahah. (Okay, so I know I'm not famous enough to be invited to launches but still... it has put me off from shopping at SB for sometime. *patsselfonback*)
 
My 'relationship' with MK started with me looking for a new wallet. I hardly ever change wallets as I dont really see the need to (I don't know if I can still say this in five years' time) do it often (changing handbags are tiring enough). Unfortunately, the outer part of my Liz Clairborne has been peeling even worse than a snake shedding its skin. The inside still looks good!! (So I'm saving it for traveling in case it gets stolen... My sister joked saying the thief might actually just return it to me. Haha)



Excited much?

Wait for it....
Out of the paperbag, now to unwrap....

Tadaa!! Say hello to the MK Hamilton Large Ziparound Wallet in Navy Saffiano Leather!
(Phewh that's a mouthful)

It isn't exactly the latest design (in the US that is) but it was the one that attracted my attention. I first saw it online, but it was out of season (and stock)... Of course in the US it was a whole lot cheaper ($138) but I diligently waited for the MK store at Pavilion to go on sale. Luckily I did as it went 30% off the original price (RM679 was it?) so it came about the same price as the US. What I liked was that it opened out flat. It's also made of Saffiano leather (or so they claim) which is supposed to be scratch and water resistant (we'll see about that).
 
My sister came back from Mauritius a week ago "Sbb nak makan best-best" she said, so the whole week was spent on eating and eating. We had a nice family lunch at Luk Yu Tea House at Starhill Gallery on Sat, and then I walked over to H&M with my second sister and then to Pavilion. I had a horrible horrible tummy upset, which sent me to the washroom 4 times (each at different locations haha). I went to SB as they were having 50% off till Sunday and found these pair of high-heeled brogue shoes which were soo pretty... Thing is it was like RM312 AFTER discount and they're not exactly the shoes that can be worn everywhere. Plus my tummy was still acting up and SB was crowded, and I had to go and pray so I didn't buy it. It just wasn't meant to be...
 
That's coz I found something else instead. Teehee.
 
I eventually (coincidentally?) got better just before walking into the MK store. I thought I'd just browse around to see if there was anything worth it since they were having sale...
 
I found two tops (well three but I decided the other one made me look like a clown) but I managed to control myself to not purchase both of them together.
 

I tend to get attracted to greens....
 
Loved the top, but I feel like I look like a clown/jester and definitely not paying the RM300++ price to look like that.
Maybe if it went down further to RM100+, I'll reconsider. Haha.

 Ok fine, it was just that they didn't have any new stock and one of them had sort of a stain on it. So I went with the dark olive top.
 

Necklace from Diva
 
Of course me being the curious one, tried my luck and asked the (I think) store manager sort of "by-the-way" and she checked their stock - apparently they have one at the One Utama outlet! So yeah, the hijau pisang one will be coming........
 
You'd think I'd have learnt my lesson and stop shopping after looking at my ever increasing credit card bill... Unfortunately, no. I have a bad habit of buying on an impulse and online shopping is very dangerous for people like me. Cutting the story short, this will be on its way to me in January when my colleague comes to KL (with the rest of the Sephora items I purchased way back in November)....
 

Michael Kors Embellished silk-crepe shirt (picture taken from Polyvore)

This was a steal! Ok fine, it's still around RM200+ BUT the store manager at Pavi was promoting it to me and the price was like RM1k+ before discount!! (or was it after?) Pokoknye, even after 30% off it still couldn't beat the price I paid. At first when she was trying to promote it to me I did think about it, as I saw another lady trying it on. But of course she was a model, tall and slim so when I held it up against me and checked myself in the mirror I told the manager "Nah, too bling...". Partially that was the reason, but partially I am NOT gonna pay that much man.... Lucky for me, I found it at a price I was willing to pay at Net-a-Porter.
 
I thought I would be using my Borderlinx account, unfortunately NAP doesn't send to freight-forwarding agencies. Thus, I had it delivered to Yassir's house.
 
I doubt I'll be purchasing from the Pavi store again (well maybe that one shirt) since it's way cheaper in the US and one (or maybe two?) season late, also Michael Kors online delivers to Borderlinx. The only thing is, their delivery charges are significant on top of that I'd have to pay for Borderlinx delivery, so I'll prolly have to recalculate and compare which is more worth it. Can't keep sending it to Yassir's house now can I....
 
Also, Shahrul who used to say "BUY!" everytime I asked his opinion when purchasing, is starting to say STOP! OR I'LL SEND YOU TO REHAB!!
 
Well, that's all on my new obsession! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment