Sunday 2 December 2012

Phuket and Phi Phi Trip

A long overdue post, but the cause was the trip itself. The next day after I came back from the trip I was in the office, rushing around chairing a meeting and last minute chasing people around to ensure that my next trip (which was the next day) goes as planned. And yes, the next trip was out in the sea but it was on a "steel island" - an oil platform. After I came back, had a last date before the bf went to Dubai :( , worked the whole week and just came back from a teambuilding session. But enough about those, let's concentrate on the trip.

Day 1

We arrived at Phuket in the evening via MAS (which served chicken pie and some other snacks yay!) and got into our ground transfer (which Rahim had already pre-booked). The hotel we stayed at was Seeka Boutique Resort in Patong, about 50 mins away from the airport (with traffic and a stop at 7E). We reached the hotel when it was almost getting dark and checked in to our rooms. The room was big enough and nicely decorated, although it had a strong scent which wasn't exactly to my liking. Since it was already around 7PM, there wasn't any free transportation for us from the hotel so we walked about and managed to flag down a tuk-tuk. As other reviews mentioned, the tuk-tuk is quite pricely (200 baht to almost everywhere) but as we split the cost between 4 of us, it came to about RM5 per person so it wasn't too bad. First stop was of course Jungceylon as I already had my list of items to buy - lingerie from Annebra (the so-called special lingerie I purchased in Spore) and shampoo from Boots pharmacy. The rest did purchase some stuff too so I didn't feel too bad that I dragged them to Jungceylon. We then we walked (and walked and walked and walked...) to Hard Rock Cafe, which if we didn't get lost initially, is not that far off from the mall where I ended up purchasing a HRC t-shirt (It was nice! It wasn't the standard classic tee!). We finally gave in to the growling tummy and sat in the closest halal restaurant we found, which was Cairo Restaurant or something. We ordered Thai food which didn't taste as authentic (yes, I know its specialty is mid-eastern cuisine but still...) but since we were hungry we gobbled up everything. We took a tuk-tuk back (another 200 baht) only to realise the hotel is pretty near to Jungceylon (but of course no one wanted to walk back!). Slept around 1AM local time after repacking my shopping stuff.

Day 2

We woke up and got ready to go out around 9+ AM and walked down the road for breakfast at a restaurant called Taverne (I think...). Since it wasn't a halal restaurant, I opted for yoghurt and fruits. Little did I know what wonders it did to my bowels... We then took a tuk-tuk to Patong beach for a stroll where Sha got her hair braided. Patong beach is nice, but very crowded. We walked along the stalls by the roadside till it was time to get back to the hotel. We checked out and waited for our ride to Rassada Pier, about half an hour away. When we finally reached Rassada about 12+ PM it was scorching hot and crowded. Got into the ferry, which was already packed, but noticed they were still letting passengers in. We couldn't find any seats as some people "booked" it with their bags, etc, so Sha and Shahrul sat on the deck (and got sunburned) while Rahim and I sat on his luggage near the staircase. Haha. By that time my tummy didn't feel to well. I kept going to the toilet but nothing really happened, till like one final one where I pretty much cleared my stomach. I was super hungry so I ended up purchasing cup noodle (in the ferry) for 40 baht. Luckily I managed to find my one and only diaorrhea pill or I'd prolly have ended up in the washroom again.
We reached Tonsai Pier past 3.30PM and paid our 20baht fee for 'cleaning up' or something (which I think is useless as I still found a lot of trash in the sea...) and walked to PP Banyan Villa hotel which was about 5-10 minutes walk. Checked into the room which was quite hot and the aircond wasn't as strong as Seeka's. The room is much smaller than Seeka but was of reasonable size and clean. I stayed in the room to cool down a bit whilst the rest of them went to cari makan. Joined them later just before my yoga session with Keira at Mama Beach Residence.

After the yoga workout (you can read from my review here) we walked back to the dive shop which was conveniently located right next to the hotel to register for our dives. Then we went around to look for 'banana pancake' which was actually roti pisang with fancy toppings. I went to bed early while the rest checked out the nightlife.

Think that's enough for this post, will continue the other days in the next few posts! Enjoy the photos below!

View of the toilet at Seeka Boutique Hotel
View of the toilet at Seeka Part 2
Me camwhoring. Cool sink eh?
Shirt from H&M
Ah... How romantic... Hahah
Cafe and pool view of Seeka Boutique Hotel
The breakfast that really cleansed my bowel
Patong Beach
Patong Beach
 


No comments:

Post a Comment