Thursday 20 December 2012

Phuket and Phi Phi Trip Part Deux

Day 3

Woke up early to take a walk around the island - ok maybe just to the left side of the hotel and back. But it was almost towards the end of the island... I wanted to look for the mosque to see if there was anything interesting around there, but since it was too early in the morning there wasn't anything going on. So I left a small donation, snapped some photos and left. On the way, I passed by one of the resorts and boy was it packed with a tour group! Thank goodness I chose PP Banyan Villa.

 

Went to the normal halal warong to have fried rice for breakfast before going to the diveshop. Met up with Rahim and Keira, discussed about our dive and went to the boat at Tonsai Pier.

Our first dive was at Bida Nok, unfortunately I'm not a good writer, nor an experienced diver so I don't really know how to describe the dive. It was good, but nothing fantastically mind-blowing. There were plenty of marine life, but somehow I found the colors of the marine life were slightly less than in Perhentian with the exception of corals. We did about 55mins which was quite long since my previous dives were about 40 mins or so. The sea was a bit choppy so the first time around I was already tired trying to swim closer to the cliff. (Note to self : Exercise more dammit!)

During the break we were parked just outside Maya Bay. Unfortunately I chose tuna sandwich for the meal, and the strong onion- tunamayo-rocky boat combo made me sick. I was desperate to get off the boat immediately, so the minute we reached our next dive site, Malong, I was like "let me go! move outta the way!" Needless to say, I barfed a few times during the dive. Hahaha. What? I was just following Keira's instructions "If you're sick, just let it out..". I couldn't really enjoy much of the dive since I was busy trying to barf and equalize. There were two swim-throughs but I only did one as I couldn't go deeper without feeling like puking.

I saw turtles by the way.

... and harlequin shrimps! (which apparently are rare to find... I couldn't really figure out how it was supposed to look like, since I didn't feel so good so I wasn't really concentrating...)

 
The PP Aquanauts dive shop

This was where I started to get sick. Haha

 
  Surprisingly I actually survived the dive of 54 mins. Unfortunately the boat drifted away, so it took us awhile to get the attention. The sea was still choppy and I was tired, so I tried to cling on to Rahim, who thought I was trying to play tag, while of course, barfing. Haha. The best part is Rahim didn't know he was swimming in my barf. When I got up to the boat I was like "get this equipment off of me!!" and found a corner to sulk and barf. Hahaha. The minute we reached the pier I was like "ME FIRST! GET OUT!". I rushed back to the hotel to let the rest go all at once. Went for lunch at the same warong and walked around to shop. Also went for a massage, which wasn't that good. After that we went shopping for a sundress for me (didn't bring any and whatever I had would've made me sweat in the ferry again) and walked to and fro finding an outerwear for the dress. We settled down for dinner and then back to the hotel to packup. 

I sure slept well through the night after all the diving and puking and shopping. Haha.

More photos!

They have big fluffy cats EVERYWHERE!
 




 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment