Wednesday 17 October 2012

Lunch at Kak Mah's, Dinner at Ishq

The Phuket Group (Rahim, Sha, Sufia and I) had lunch today at Kedai Tomyam Kak Mah opposite UniKL at Jalan Raja Abdullah. The first time I went to that place I was expecting, well... someone who looks like Kak Mah or her family. I didn't know the owners were pure Thai, so I called up my aunt to check if I got the correct place. Haha. Convinced the three of them to come over for lunch and met them there. Reached quite late coz I picked up Afiq along the way. Lunch was good as usual. It was funny to see Rahim and Afiq sweating profusely whilst us girls just had a drop or two of sweat... And I was wearing cashmere sweater and tudung. A large age range for this group since Rahim and Afiq are 12 years apart! Even Sufia wasn't the youngest this time around. Afiq makes everyone old. OLD.

Had dinner with Mark since he was leaving for US the next day, VJ joined us since he also wanted to take Mark out for dinner. Asked Mark what he'd like to eat and he actually had something in mind - "Indian or Lebanese". So what other restaurants do I know that serves Indian cuisine but Ishq at Crowne Plaza? (Ok fine, it's my uncle's restaurant so I can get discount... still...)

Picked Mark up along the way and was caught in the horrid Jalan Sultan Ismail jam for about half an hour. Well at least we got to catch up a bit.

A funny (to me lah) conversation I had with VJ on MOC:

VJ  :  Mark told me you asked him out for dinner, so I said you two go ahead.
Me : What? Why? Aren't you coming along?
VJ  : I don't know... Maybe you wanted to spend time with him alone, then I'd be a lampost.
Me : Pfftt... Uncle la deiii... Uncleee!!! (Note : Mark's like in his late 40's)
VJ & Me : A good looking uncle though.

Hmmm.... Rarely do I meet a guy who admits another guy is good-looking... Hmmmm....

Outfit of the day (I really gotta stop taking photos at washrooms)....

Top by Sacoor Brothers, Pants by The Executive, Shoes by Vincci, Bag - old
We enjoyed dinner but got out early as Mark had to pack his bag and there was another function going on at Ishq so it was getting noisy, even though we got the private room.

Well, that's all for today, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment