Tuesday 30 October 2012

Coach, Lunch and Noor Arfa Batik

I arrived at work quite early for some reason there wasn't much traffic. Called Tasha up but she hadn't even left her house yet. So I just waited at the office, had breakfast (packed Mommy's yummy mihun goreng!) and dropped off my safety shoes to be fixed. After chowing down breakfast I got a whatsapp from Tasha telling me to drop by her room to pick up....

Say hello to my new Coach Kristin Leather Hobo!


Nice kan? kan? kan?
She got this when she went for training in US middle of the year along with other bags but I only decided to get this bag recently. Great that she doesn't need the money, so it's payable when able! (Well not really but she did give an installment.)

Had been wanting to try the new foodcourt at the new MARA building, Busana. It's a new "mall" which is connected to a new hotel too. Not sure if there are new offices too. I hope the mall doesn't turn out to be a flop.

My nasi campur was pretty expensive, RM5 for 2 types of vege, nasi separuh and a few stalks of lady's fingers. And of course me being greedy, I went over to the other stall to get a small piece of ikan pari for RM 3.

Now of course, the real intention I dragged my colleagues out there for lunch was so that I could drop by the Noor Arfa Batik boutique. Unfortunately it was getting late and the rest of the lunch group weren't really interested so we went off not buying anything. They drifted to another shop on the same floor but I had to go to the bank so I went down via the escalator... where I found the promotion buntings of Noor Arfa "Ask for special discount!", "Only RM10 for membership and you get 40% off!".

Me being a sucker for cheap marketing, of course fell for that trap. I didn't go immediately back up the escalator (it wasn't working so I could go up and down freely) since I was rushing to get to the bank, but of course those buntings lingered in my mind for the rest of the day. I made a deal with myself to complete my work for the day before I go back to the store by 7PM (I called them up to check what time they closed). I managed to finish by 6.30PM and hurried over to Busana. Before even stepping into the store I already asked the sales girl how do I sign up as a member. Heheh. There were 3 ladies working there out of which one was friendlier than the two. The two were practically stuck to the cashier counter, but at least one of them later went around the store when a few makciks came in. And she did help me tie the pareo. Ah yes. What did I purchase?

Cotton Kaftan top, Silk Kaftan Top with Long Sleeves, Pareo - Noor Arfa Batik
The silk pareo was the most expensive retailing at RM279 but of course with the 40% off, it went down to a more acceptable price. Haha. I wanted to get my dad a shirt since he couldn't find one at the KT airport the other day, but I wasn't sure if he'd like the pattern. So I snapped a photo of the shirt to show him at home.

Went home, trying to hide the purchase and bag from my mom but kantoi-ed halfway. She didn't do her usual Pegawai Kastam check though, so I was lucky. Heheh.

Can't wait to wear the cotton kaftan top at Phuket! What about you? Do you like batik?

No comments:

Post a Comment