Saturday 6 October 2012

Singapore #2

When I last posted about my trip to Singapore, I lost my charger. I still have the cable, just can't seem to find the plug. I'm sure it's here somewhere in my room. But I've seriously hunted high and low for it but can't seem to find it. So now I'm extra cautious when transferring photos since I don't wanna lose the plug again. and no it's not at the electrical socket!!
 
So I was in Spore again last week, less than 24 hrs since I came back from my Perhentian Trip. I arrived evening of Oct 1. Flight was not that good -  we took off 10 mins late, had some lady talking SO LOUD and her voice was like Fran Fine's nasal voice multiplied. She talked from take off till we landed, and even in the skybridge! I couldn't get my simcard out, so I had to wait till I checked into the room to use the wifi and contacted my sister who happened to be around. Met up with her and finally got my The Body Shop Mango Body Butter which I asked my sister to buy like... last year? We ate dinner at Restoran Cahaya at Far East Plaza and walked around the mall. Bought 3 tank tops for S$22 to be worn at home. Well, maybe I can wear them out, since they're long enough to cover my tummy. Haha.
 
Got back to the hotel around 9 plus and started unpacking and ironing (since I didn't have free pressing service *sob*). Checked my email for like 5 mins, just enough to tick them into the to-do list and then shut down the laptop and went to bed.

My room at Grand Hyatt, Scotts Road

Unpacked and all ready for the course!

Makeup and skincare on the vanity table

The course was normal, not as interesting as the first one I went to but still ok. Perhaps coz I'm already at the Execute phase so I couldn't really relate to the first two days of the training - Engineering and Procurement. I unfortunately couldn't find a better spot to take a full length photo, so yes... I ended up here...

Shirt and heels from Sacoor Brothers, pants from The Executive, bag from Coach
 
After the course I rushed off to where else but my current fav store - Sacoor Brothers at Raffles City. Bought a shirt for the bf and also a top (which I call a clown top) since I had the Happy Days voucher for $100+. And they gave me a new Happy Days voucher. I decided to give it to my friend since he would be around in Spore at that time the HD is valid, or else it'd have gone wasted. Wanted to go to Haji Lane, which was just an MRT station away, but the train was so packed and I hadn't prayed yet. The "surau" at Raffles City is just a small secluded space for you to pray without any water for ablution or telekung so I ended up going back to the hotel.
 
 
Went for dinner at the same place (again) and shopped at the same place where I bought my bag last trip. Actually did get the mini-dress top I wanted to get earlier and it was on sale (I think it was on sale, didn't remember the earlier price). Heheh. Also got a sheer printed black top which the label read.... "Babi Show". Hahaha. Snipped it off!
 
Saw how yummy my sister's prawn noodle was the day before, I decided to order it.

Shopping! (changed my photo label, for the fun of it!)
 
The sweater with a clown-ish collar. Although here it looks like a lion's mane.
 

The bf's shirt
 
Sheer printed black top
 
The mini-dress top

Day 2 of training ended earlier around 4.30 so I managed to beat the rush crowd to go to Haji Lane. Went to Sweet Desserts again and bought 3 more pieces. I noticed in my earlier purchase, the label was snipped off, which kinda made me suspicious already. I would've thought that if the 'friend' sold this exclusively, he'd like to have his label promoted throughout. This time around, my purchase was pulled from a new stock where the label wasn't cut off yet. Of course I googled the name and found out that they were not as 'exclusive' or 'limited pieces' as the owner claims. They're sold in Thailand, Japan, Netherlands and Malaysia! KL, Penang and Johor!! Ripped off again! Well, I don't know if she overpriced it or not, will check out the store in KL very soon to compare. So next time, remember to take anything the seller says with a pinch of salt.

Shirt and heels from Sacoor Brothers, pants - old, bag from Coach
 
Stairs up to Sweet Desserts and Fashion Chic

I also bought a clutch and fell for the cheap marketing "Buy Two Pieces get 10% off!" so I got another long sleeve short dress top at this place called JQ Fashion or something (stands for Jason Quek I believe). Yeah, so I could've saved a lot just getting the clutch only but I thought I looked nice in the top. Hehe.

 
 



This time I came prepared with my makeup remover tissues and my telekung and I prayed at Sultan Mosque before heading back to the hotel.

 

I was sweating all over by the time I got back. Cooled down a bit (nope didn't change, coz I didn't pack clothes specifically to go makan) and went for dinner at where else... Far East Plaza again!
 
Laksa with prawn and cockles and Kailan Oyster Sauce on the side!
 
This time I left the hotel earlier just to shop before I ate dinner since the shops close quite early. Didn't purchase anything for myself, just for my colleague, Sha, who wanted the bag I bought previously. Yep, both of us now have the same bags! Tired from all the shopping, I had a nice relaxing soak in the bathtub before bed.
 
Day 3 of training was a bit more exciting since it was construction-related stuff. Got our group photo, I should've sat up straight. Tsk. Anyway, we finished about 4 so I went back to the hotel. Unfortunately the receptionist forgot to update my key (or something of that sort) since I requested to checkout late, so I got locked out of the room and had to wait for the doorman to send a new key. Took a short nap and did some last minute packing and headed out around 5.30PM. Left my bags at the concierge to shop for books for my sister's friend's kids at Times Bookstore at Paragon Mall (Ok I was there to look at other stuff, and it just so happens that Times was there...). Walked around to Typo ION Orchard and got a mousepad and more paperclips for only S$5!
 
Top from Atmosphere, blazer from Stradivarius, old Levi's jeans, heels from Sacoor Brothers
 
The hotel shoved me in a cab that didn't have a cred card machine (even though I already booked a cab with a cred card machine! Must've been some miscomm between the reception and concierge) so I told him to drop me off at the nearest point so that I could get onto another cab. Checked in at the airport, looked for my CD serum (which is much cheaper than in KL!) and also Sha's Bobbi Brown foundation (which is like RM30 less than in KL!). Hope the CD serum does what I think it does since I spent quite a fortune on it.
 
Well that pretty much sums up my second (and most likely final) trip to Singapore this year. Next stop.... Phuket!

No comments:

Post a Comment