Monday 29 October 2012

Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha

Went to my aunt's place at Kuala Terengganu for Raya Haji. It has been awhile since we really celebrated Raya Haji so it was quite a big thing for us. Plus this year my family did a korban.

I didn't plan on watching the slaughter coz I pity the cow, but I had to send the camera to my dad so ended up watching. Behind a tree. Haha. I still think they could've handled the cow better.

We stayed at Tanjong Vista Hotel for 3 nights. We took the Superior Deluxe room and it was quite decent. Clean and neat, think the hotel is quite new. Hope they maintain it. It could do with a sofa set or something. And perhaps a slightly larger TV. Haha. You won't be spoilt for choice for breakfast, but honestly, tell me can you really eat ALL the food spread out at a hotel breakfast buffet like Mandarin Oriental? The only thing I didn't fancy was the sweetness of everything! (Well except for the porridge and its salty condiments.) But that is expected out of the north-east states, Terengganu and Kelantan.

The korban was on Friday, but we had kenduri on Saturday. We didn't really feel as though we were celebrating on Friday coz everyone seemed to be busy preparing for Saturday. (Ok my sister and I just lazed around and washed up some dishes)

Outfit for Day 1 : Shawl - Dirs Gallery, Kaftan - Jalan TAR, Heels - Vincci - old, Bag - old

Nasi Goreng Tanjong, Tomyam Seafood, Chicken Wings, Char Kuey Teow. Yumm!!
 We came back in the evening and I took a ride with Shahrul to town. Went to Mydin to buy some stuff. Mydin Mall mind you. Haha. Since we were too lazy to get out for dinner, my sister and I ordered room service.

We woke up on Saturday and had this view from our window. 

Beautiful. Unfiltered. Masha Allah.

Outfit for Day 2 : Shawl - Dirs Gallery, Kaftan - Pasar Buluh Kubu, Kota Baru, Necklace - Diva, Bangle - part of a set from Rubi

 Day 2 was also spent lazing around and a bit of eating. Then came the time to shop!! Or at least I thought so. I went to the much-hyped Pasar Payang but came back empty handed! Amazing right! I found the starting prices were more than Pasar Buluh Kubu in Kelantan (where I dropped by after my Perhentian trip here) and perhaps it was the crowd and all that didn't appeal to me. It could've been because it was festive season the prices went up, or perhaps it's more commercialized than PBK. Anyway, I think I have spent enough in KL to not have to spend in KT. Or so I thought.

I woke up to this view on Sunday.

Another beauty. Unfiltered.
Packed up, had breakfast, went to the airport, and got my dad to buy me this. Teeheehee~

Cotton Kaftan Top - Noor Arfa Batik
Well, technically Dad volunteered. I said the sleeves are too short for me to wear outside and I didn't want to wear anything on the inside as it will spoil the look. He told me to wear it at home and I was like "So expensive to wear at home!". He said I should wear nice things at home instead of my normal shabby tshirts or singlets and frayed shorts. Haha. So he paid RM60 and I paid the RM9 balance. Hehehe. Can't believe I still have the conning art in me still. I also got myself a Batik Painting Kit for RM20. Not sure when will I actually paint it though. Hahah.


Well that pretty much sums up Raya Haji! Thanks for reading and hope you had a wonderful Raya Haji. Someday I hope to actually get to perform the Hajj, but for next year, my target's Umrah and korban a whole cow. InsyaAllah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment